Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gene-rational change


It would not be breaking confidences to delare, in a public forum, that neither of my children has a 'green-thumb'. A plant can wither through lack of attention - things like water and air and soil - under their very nose, and they have no knowledge that the plant is carking it! I guess it can be sheeted back to the negligence of their mother: not setting a good agrarian model during their formative years. Whereas, when I was growing up, my mother had the main veggie garden, and we three children were allocated specific beds to compete against each other. Our father, wierdly, grew flowers like sweet-peas. And crops like wheat. And maize. And sorghum.

So, if the gods give me the nod, and I get to care for my grand-daughter for a day at my place during the coming year, we (she and I) will do gardening. Do you think she will like this watering can?

6 comments:

The Blue Crane said...

I'm not sure how much she cares about the plants but, boy oh boy, does she love water. The watering cans are delish.

brattcat said...

she will love the can and love acquiring an appreciation of tending green shoots beside her grandmother.

Kay L. Davies said...

Adorable watering cans, Julie, and Alannah will love gardening with you, although probably not for an entire day. LOL
Luv, K

Joan Elizabeth said...

Well she will love the watering cans ... coz I do and I am just a big kid really ... but will she know how much water to put on or just keep pouring?

Reminds me of visiting a friends place when I was a little kid (about five) and the mother set us to doing some cooking. I beat and beat and beat the mixture and she was horrified ... you are beating it too much she said. I didn't know you could beat something too much, my Mum never taught me the fine detail.

freefalling said...

Oh, they're FABULOUS!!!

diane b said...

They are so colourful that they will be a great hit.