Saturday, July 30, 2011

Decisions! Decisions!


I am really keen to continue with my learning of the French language, and my travels to Paris. Two dominant reasons: firstly, I like France, things French, and I like Paris; secondly, learning is good for my brain, and travel is good for my body.

I had completed 6 terms of learning (9 weeks per term) with my tutor, Guy, before he reduced his tutoring due to medical issues. I like his style of teaching, so I followed him to his 'other' institute, across the harbour on the other side of town, earlier in the morning AND on a Saturday to boot. Now I hear from three sources at my previous institute, that there is a bit of a kerfuffle about the new teaching style. The dreaded 'working in pairs' has raised its ugly head. I do not like that style. I do not thrive on that style.

I was going to do a class at both the institutes. However, I like the new institute across the harbour. The class is revision but of a very high order. There are only 5 of us in the class, in comparison with 20 previously. The two hours went so quickly as there was Soooo much participation.

I am endeavouring to set up an email essay writing critique among those disaffected. Hope I get some nibbles.

3 comments:

brattcat said...

how i admire your dedication and determination.

Joan Elizabeth said...

When I give up being a worker slave I am wondering about resurrecting my high school French, as a brain exercise. Maybe I should start right away and fill in the wasted hours on the bus instead of readying that silly MX newspaper.

Kay L. Davies said...

Good for you, Julie! It sounds like the 5-person class is right up your alley, even if it is across the harbour.